Sunday, November 4, 2018

Dona Nobis Pacem 2018

I'm afraid
I'm afraid for my kids
I'm afraid for your kids
I'm afraid for decency and kindness.

I'm not afraid of a mislabeled hoard
I'm not afraid of refugees
I'm not afraid of Muslims
I'm not afraid of Jews.

I'm afraid of fear based decisions
I'm afraid of liars
I'm afraid of complacency
I'm afraid we've become too correct.

I'm afraid the balance is gone
I'm afraid we'll have a world war
I'm afraid we can't stop the downward spiral
I'm afraid we've forgotten how to stand up for what's right.

I'm afraid.




6 comments:

  1. your poem was sooo powerful and so true, thank you for sharing xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!
    I'm also tired of being afraid
    But I don't know what else we can do

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am afraid too, for all the same reasons. When people are led by fear, they cannot hear reason. Hey, I lived in Port for many years, was just there last week. Am in Tofino now. We're neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly. <3 Very beautiful and terrible poem. Come read my blog, please. We're sharing the same fears this Dona Nobis event.

    https://crows-feet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. May we see beyond our fear..May we be people of peace to help it grow around the world.

    ReplyDelete