Sunday, July 28, 2019

I wish from 2007




I wish you were still here.

I wish we'd had more time.
I wish you could see the kids.
I wish you weren't there every time I look in the mirror.
I wish you were there more often.
I wish I could discover the reason why you were taken.
I wish I could love a God that would do this.
I wish I didn't see you in my hands, and my feet.
I wish I saw more of you in my hands and feet.
I wish I could hear your voice.
I wish I could hear your laugh.
I wish I could have seen you age.
I wish we had a video camera in the 80's.
I wish I had more pictures.
I wish we could go camping.
I wish we could have chips and gravy, with a coke float.
I wish I could taste your cooking one more time, especially your chicken Kiev.
I wish I could get past this.
I wish it would get easier.
I wish this on no one.
I wish you were here.

2 comments: