Sunday, March 29, 2020

Devastated

My sister, my beautiful damaged sister is fighting for her life tonight.

She has COPD and had a poor prognosis to begin with, add a cold and she ended up in the hospital. She can't bring up any phlegm, they're testing her for Covid-19.

She always said she wanted to be the first in 3 generations to hit 60,she did that on February 29th. She's an alcoholic and still smokes. Can't walk across the room but still smokes. Alcoholism is an insidious disease, it's run rampant through my family, wrecked our lives.

She zigged and I zagged, I could have easily been her, she could have been me. Twisted fate and bent family shaped us. Molestation and rape, alcohol and drugs. Anger, so much anger.

Oh but I love her, she drives me crazy, I love her so much. She's all alone, they say she's comfortable. No family there, no one to hold her, no one to kiss her.

I'm all alone, Buzz is at work and I can't have anyone in. I'm quasi quarantined and have been in since the 15th. It's my birthday in a couple hours, 58. I wanted Lysol wipes for my birthday, now I just want my sister to pull a fast one and be OK. As OK as she can be. Not dying alone, but going home.


Update: Moved to a ward,still waiting for Covid results. They'll call us. So we wait.  

Update: She's eating and drinking. Still hard to breathe. No fever. Covid-19 test back tonight, if negative and she keeps improving may be home in a couple days. 

Update: No Covid-19!!! Yeehaw. Moved to another floor will need 4 or 5 more days to get her breathing better. Her husband is allowed to drop off anything she needs and they'll  try to get a phone to her today to call him. I wonder where an 80 lb woman gets the strength for this?




No comments:

Post a Comment