Sunday, November 7, 2021

Cancel me this

 I've started reading the comments again.

I said I wouldn't,

I promised myself,

I'm a bad promise holder.

I was especially horrified at the comments directed at our Premier. He has throat cancer, newly diagnosed.

The comments are horrific and cruel, I can't believe how many there are. 

I can't believe how easy it's become for people to just spew their own personal brand of ugly on another human being.

Where is the compassion?

Where is the empathy?

Where is the caring?

What would you do if I called you up and said I was glad you had cancer and I hope you suffer before you die? You'd be gutted and angry.

Why is this any different?

 You're typing it so it doesn't count?

He doesn't know you? 

Anonymity?

Yeah not really, you're not anonymous.

I can click on your profile and see stuff.

Where you work.

Your kids/grandkids photos.

Where you live.

Who your friends are.

Even the most buttoned down Facebook page has clues.

I can file your job away in my old brain and the next time I need a roofer/mechanic/plumber/gardener...

You get my drift. 

No biggie in your life I'm sure to lose a maybe customer, but it helps me sleep at night.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this.

Be kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment