Monday, July 28, 2014

To be grateful...or not.

Some days, between the pain from the bone spurs and the arthritis, the fibro. The sickness in my family, my sister in and out of hospital, my father in law, (poor old bean has stage 4 lung cancer), coupled with the exhaustion from the heat and the stress and worry about where the next mortgage payment is coming from......I find it hard to remember to be grateful. I am grateful for my children and their health, I am so grateful, even though Stacy has moved to the back of beyond and we probably won't see her for 3 or 4 years.
 I am grateful that we have a working vehicle to get from here to the in-laws. I'm grateful for my husband's energy and taking courses on-line (and passing!) so he can support us when his job is done. I'm even trying to be grateful that the dog hasn't got fleas because I'm 6 days late with the flea treatment.
 Sometimes being me sucks, being my husband sucks harder this month. I wish I could take the pain away that 'll be coming. My poor mother in law is exhausted and scared and I'm worried about her. I hate to leave them. We come home to our lives, as broke and chaotic as it is, we aren't living under such a cloud. I wish we could all be healthy  and well. For now I'll settle for a couple days of nothing happening. No more bad news. Please. I'll be ever so grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment